Take the steps to begin your journey:
Top 10% Scholarship Program
This scholarship was established by the Texas Legislature to encourage students who graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school classes to attend a Texas public, college or university. Qualifying high school graduates, who submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) by March 15 annually, are considered “on-time” applicants. “On-time” applicants who have financial need may be eligible for up to $600 initial, and $1000 renewal award, if they enroll full time at TSU. Students who complete and submit their FAFSAs after March 15 will be awarded on a funds available basis until the program expends all dollars committed.
Eligibility Requirements for First Time Applicants
- Be a Texas resident.
- Demonstrate financial need (to be determined by the TSU Financial Aid Office).
- Complete a 2014-2015 FAFSA or TASFA (if applicable) and file by March 15, 2014.
- Complete Recommended or Distinguished Achievement HS curriculum.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of the graduating class (as of the 7th high school semester or 6th if the college uses that semester for admissions consideration).
- Graduate from an accredited high school in Texas.
- Enroll or re-enroll Full time at TSU for the fall 2014 semester.
Eligibility for renewal applicants (renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon the availability of state funding)
- Complete 30 semester credit hours the first year of enrollment at TSU.
- Achieve a cumulative 3.25 GPA.
- Complete at least 75% of the hours attempted.
Additional Requirements for both initial and renewal applicants
- Students must meet all eligibility and ranking criteria
- Students must complete a 2014-2015 FAFSA or TASFA (if applicable) and file by March 15, 2014
- Students must submit all required documents to the TSU Financial Aid Office, including all verification documents, by September 30, 2014.
- The FAFSA or TASFA must be processed and cannot be in a Reject status; a valid 2014-2015 federal student aid report must be on file with the TSU Financial Aid Office by March 15, 2014.
- Recipients will be notified electronically by the Office of Financial Aid, Tarleton State University.
Tarleton State University Scholarships
- General Information including the use of a common TSU scholarship application.
- Scholarships offered and listed by TSU Colleges, specific majors, alumni sponsored, leadership characteristics, demonstrated need, non-traditional students , and performance i.e., Band, Rodeo, etc.;