Take the steps to begin your journey... Learn more about how to apply.
Graduate Student Application Instructions
Please review this information before completing the ApplyTexas application. You can then click the Online Graduate Application link to complete the process.
- Submit Online Graduate Application
- Pay a $45 non-refundable processing fee
- Provide official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Provide GRE, GMAT or MAT scores (Please contact your major Department to see which standardized test, if any, is required for admission)
- Provide proof of residency (if requested)
- Submit an essay (600 words or less) addressing your statement of purpose for graduate school
Beyond these general requirements for admission to the College of Graduate Studies, departments may set additional standards for admission to degree programs as necessary, subject to administrative approval.
Admission as a Non-Degree Student
Applicants who designate that they do not choose to seek a graduate degree but who hold a baccalaureate degree may be enrolled for course work in the College of Graduate Studies as Special non-degree-seeking graduate students.
Students in this category waive the right to count more than 12 hours toward an advanced degree at Tarleton State University. In order to have any graduate course work count toward a master's degree, students must meet admission criteria to the College of Graduate Studies at the time application is made.