Dr. Craig Clifford's involvement with the Honors College at Tarleton is a return to his educational roots. He was admitted to Plan II, the Liberal Arts Honors Program, at the University of Texas at Austin in the fall of 1969, and he graduated in that program cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1974. He received his doctorate in philosophy from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 1981. He is the author of several books and more than 150 guest columns, essays, and reviews in magazines, literary quarterlies, and newspapers. A professor of philosophy, Dr. Clifford has taught at Tarleton since 1983. From 1985 to 1995 he held the position of University Scholar, and from 1988 to 1992 he also coached the men’s and women’s tennis teams. Dr. Clifford became the Director of the Honors Programs in 1996, and in 2013 he became the Executive Director of the Honors College.
- Pickers and Poets: The Ruthlessly Poetic Singer-Songwriters of Texas. Co-edited with Craig Hillis. Texas A&M University Press, 2016.
- Sport and Character: Reclaiming the Principles of Sportsmanship. Co-authored with Randolph Feezell, Professor of Philosophy, Creighton University. Human Kinetics, 2010. (http://www.humankinetics.com/products/all-products/Sport-and-Character:-Reclaming-the-Priciples-of-Sportsmanship)
- Learned Ignorance in the Medicine Bow Mountains: A Reflection on Intellectual Prejudice. In Lived Values, Valued Lives, a special series in the Value Inquiry Book Series. Rodopi, 2008.
- Coaching for Character: Reclaiming the Principles of Sportsmanship. Co-authored with Randolph Feezell, Professor of Philosophy, Creighton University. Human Kinetics, 1997.
- The Tenure of Phil Wisdom: Dialogues. University Press of America, 1995.
- Range Wars: Heated Debates, Sober Reflections, and Other Assessments of Texas Writing. Co-edited with Tom Pilkington. Includes my chapter, "Horseman, Hang On." Southern Methodist University Press, 1989. http://www.abebooks.com/Range-Wars-Clifford-Craig-Tom-Pilkington/202862901/bd
- In the Deep Heart's Core: Reflections on Life, Letters, and Texas. Texas A&M University Press, 1985. (http://www.tamupress.com/product/In-the-Deep-Hearts-Core,734.aspx)
- Chapter on John Graves for Updating the Literary West: A Supplement to "A Literary History of the American West" (Texas Christian University Press, 1997).
Contact Dr. Craig Clifford at firstname.lastname@example.org.