International Undergraduate Requirements
To ensure full consideration, all documents and items required for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Office by the deadlines posted below.
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer: April 15
- Fall Semester: June 15
Late Arrival Policy
A student must arrive on campus by the start date listed on the I-20 or DS-2019 which is the start date of classes.
The current Change of Semester policy for Undergraduate Admissions is that the application can be moved to a new term if the request is made before an admissions decision has been made or it is requested within 30 days of the original application.
If the Change of Semester is requested after an admissions decision has been made or 30 days after the original application, the applicant must pay the $145 application fee again. The student may request in writing a wavier for a $100 reduction to the International Programs Office.
Undergraduate Admission Process
Application & Processing Fees
- Complete the Undergraduate application form at www.applytexas.org
- Pay a non-refundable, application-processing fee of $145.00. Make the check, Visa or Master Card payable to Tarleton State University. The Application Fee must be submitted within www.applytexas.org
If you do not see the semester for which you wish to apply, you may have missed the deadline for application. Applications close 60 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
Transcripts and Test Scores
- If you are a first time freshmen, you must submit your official high school transcript and evaluation from a NACES-member evaluation agency. Basic equivalency without GPA is sufficient for admission. If you have earned any college credit, a course-by-course evaluation is required.
- TOEFL Score: Original test scores (minimum of 523 for Regular TOEFL; 193 for Computerized TOEFL; 69 for Internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS Score: 6 minimum
- ACT: 20 or SAT: 1030. Applicants are required to submit scores for either one of these tests.
- Texas Success Initiative
There are certain conditions that may exempt students from requirements of the TSI law. For more information visit the TSI webpage.
Once you are admitted to Tarleton State University you will need to submit financial documentation to International Programs Office in order to obtain an I-20.
- Affidavit of Support - You must have a reliable financial sponsor.
- Bank Statement(s) showing you have enough funds for a full academic year. To obtain a visa from the U.S. Embassy, you must have documented evidence of financial solvency.
|$8,078||Tuition and fees||4 courses per semester|
|$2,800||University Housing||shared apartment|
|$1,769||Meal Plan||10 meals per week|
|$1,500||Books, Personal expenses|
|X2||One year||Full-time Fall and Spring terms|
|$30,188||Approximate total per year|
Registering for more than 12 credits will increase costs. Costs will vary depending on program, housing and meal plan selection
The financial section on the I-20 is an estimated average cost of 9 months of study; it is not a reflection of an actual tuition bill. For more information, please visit Business Services.
Please submit all financial documentation to:
Stephenville, TX 76402
Once financial documentation is approved you will be mailed an I-20 to apply for a student visa at your nearest U.S. Embassy.
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine is required. Submit proof to your Magnus Health account located in your MyGateway.
- Fees for medical insurance will be charged with tuition at the time of registration after full admission. For more information please visit our Insurance webpage.
All International students must have valid medical insurance on file with International Programs.
- Notification of pre-existing medical conditions requiring special attention or treatment.