Return to Top
- Bartleby.com- combines both contemporary and classic reference works into a comprehensive public reference library. Provides works of fiction from a wide range of classic authors. Publishes a diverse and intelligent nonfiction body of writings, including many works of political and social history.
- Digital Book Index - provides access to more than 72,000 titles records. It is the sole index that gathers both commercial and non-commercial eBooks, including the Library of American Civilization, from more than 1800 publishers and private publishing organizations
- Documenting the American South - Internet access to texts, images, and audio files related to Southern history, literature, and culture from the colonial period through the first decades of the 20th century. Currently DocSouth includes seven thematic collections of books, diaries, posters, artifacts, letters, oral history interviews, and songs.
- eBook Collection - from Ebsco - access to thousands of e-books on a variety of academic subjects
- Ebooks - From OCLC - Contains all the online electronic books cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Over 295,000 books in the database.
- E-print Network - Scientific or technical documents circulated electronically to facilitate peer exchange and scientific advancement for researchers in basic and applied sciences. Useful in comparing and validating research results with those of peers, keeping abreast of the activities of other investigators whose efforts are likely to impact their research, learning about researchers with whose work they may not be familiar, and identifying areas of common interest with other researchers.
- eScholarship - The eScholarship Editions collection includes more than 1,400 books from academic presses on a range of topics, including art, science, history, music, religion, and fiction. Over 400 of these books are publicly available.
- Eserve Book Collection - A growing online community where hundreds of writers, artists, editors and scholars gather to publish and discuss their works.
- Eserver Drama Collection (Plays) - This site contains a collection of original plays and screenplays, criticism and links to other sites concerned with theatre. It publishes both classic and contemporary works. The scripts are organized by historical period.
- Electronic Text Center, Univ. of Virginia - 1,800 publicly-available e-books including classic British and American fiction, major authors, children's literature, the Bible, Shakespeare, American history, African-American documents, and much more.
- Google Book- find any type of book you can imagine: fiction, non-fiction, reference, scholarly, textbooks, children's books, scientific, medical, professional, educational, and other books of all kinds. As books are added from library partners, book selection continues to increase, and you will also be able to find out-of-print, rare, and public domain books.
- International encyclopedia of education - from Elsevier. 3rd Ed.
- JSTOR - eBooks and journals on a variety of topics. Subject areas include the humanities, science and social science.
- Library of Southern Literature - documents the riches and diversity of the Southern experience as presented in one hundred of its most important literary works.
- Making of America - A digital library of primary sources in American social history primarily from the antebellum period through reconstruction. The collection is particularly strong in the subject areas of education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology. The book collection currently contains approximately 8,500 books with 19th century imprints.
- Posner Memorial Collection - The Posner Memorial Collection of six hundred twenty-two titles includes landmark titles of the history of western science, beautifully produced books on decorative arts and fine sets of literature.
- Project Gutenberg - find authors like Shakespeare, Poe, Dante, as well as other favorites like the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the Tarzan and Mars books of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as told by Lewis Carroll, and thousands of others.
- ScienceDirect - offers all users quick and reliable access to relevant discoveries and analysis in all areas of scientific research. Includes: Agricultural and Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Energy, Engineering, Environmental Science, Immunology and Microbiology, Material Sciences, Mathematics, Medicine and Dentistry, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutical Science, Physics and Astronomy, Psychology, Veterinary Science and Veterinary Medicine.
- SpringerLINK eBooks - Books published by Springer in many scientific disciplines, including medical and social sciences.
- University of Pennsylvania Online Books - contains online books including Banned Books Online, a Celebration of Women Writers, Prize Winners Online, and much more.