Library instruction sessions, tailored to instructor specifications, can include any of the following topics. See our session topic outline for more details.
Research Tools, Tips & Strategies
- Match sources to information needs.
- Develop search strategies and apply them.
- Evaluate sources.
- Locate items using citation information and cite sources.
- Obtain items via interlibrary loan and TexShare.
Walk-About & Virtual Tours: Services, Facilities, and Resources
Special Interest Topics
- Instructor-requested topics: advanced database features, plagiarism, "cited by" searches, etc.
Guidelines & Contact Information
- Please request sessions early to ensure library staff availability. A week or more in advance is ideal.
- As the course instructor, you decide the length, type, and location of the session.
- Sessions can be lecture and/or hands-on format and held in various locations:
- Stephenville campus -- Library Training Center, campus computer lab, or classroom.
- Other campuses -- campus computer lab or classroom.
- Requirements for library sessions in campus computer labs and classrooms:
- Instructors must make arrangements to use a campus computer lab. Campus computer lab contact information.
- Classrooms must have Internet connectivity. On the reservation form, please indicate if the room has a projector.
- For more information, please contact
- Cathy Wilterding, Coordinator for Outreach & Instruction Services, firstname.lastname@example.org (254)968-9456
- Yvonne Mulhern, Outreach & Reference Librarian, email@example.com (254)968-9934
- Joshua Wallace, Instruction Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org (254)968-9455
- Lisa Wan, Fort Worth Librarian, email@example.com (817)717-3315