Mission and Goals
As an integral component of the University, Tarleton Libraries provide relevant and effective user-centered services, collections, technologies, facilities, and personnel that facilitate the University’s mission of creating “an academically challenging education where learning is grounded in real-world experiences and effective teaching, research, scholarship, and service.” Our goals include
- We will support our users in all settings by providing services, access to collections, library instruction, and assistance to facilitate intellectual endeavors and encourage lifelong learning.
- We will build collections in a variety of formats that support intellectual inquiry, curricula, and research.
- We will provide user-centered, technology-rich facilities to address current and future needs.
- We will enhance awareness of the library's services and resources through promotions, campus collaborations, and participation in university initiatives.
- We will employ effective management and assessment strategies that enhance library operations and foster library staff development.