Limited and Local History Collections
The Special Collections Suite of the Dick Smith Library includes research and exhibit materials that, because of subject emphasis, rarity, age, unusual format, or monetary value, are shelved separately from the general collections. These materials include manuscripts, photographs, rare books and serials, art works, and the permanent historical records of Tarleton State University.
The Special Collections Suite also includes local history and genealogy research materials. The Local History room was provided by the Friends of the Dick Smith Library.
Limited and Local History materials do not circulate and must be used in the lower level of the library. The Special Collections Suite is open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with in-depth staff assistance available. For assistance during other regular Library hours contact the Reference desk.
If you have any problems or questions contact Amanda Pape, Special Services Librarian, by email at email@example.com or phone at 254-968-9251.
LIMITED AND LOCAL HISTORY COLLECTIONS
- Tarleton State University archives
- Tarleton State University theses and dissertations
- Grassburr yearbooks
- Tarleton State University artifacts displays
- Bob Glasgow Texas Legislative Papers
- Drs. Marie and Nathan Cedars Holocaust collection
- Edward Lear, Lewis Carroll, and William Morris collections, donated by Dr. Joe R. Christopher
- County Records
- Cross Timbers Historical Images Project
- University Photo Collection
- Michael Moser collection
- Col. and Mrs. Milton P. Brooks bound volumes of The National Geographic
- Stenholm Papers
- Dr. C. Richard King books and materials
- Dr. Dick Smith books and materials
- Local history and genealogy collections
- Stephenville Empire-Tribune since 1882 on microfilm (some gaps)
- Microfilm records for Erath, Brown, Callahan, Shackleford and Stephens counties