Sex Offender Registration Requirement Information
Notification to Persons Required to Register as Sex Offenders
Pursuant to Code of Criminal Procedure Article 62.153, workers or students at institutions of higher education are required to register.
Article 62.153 states:
- Not later than the later of the seventh day after the date on which the person begins to work or attend school or the first date the applicable authority by policy allows the person to register, a person required to register under Article 62.152 or any other provision of this chapter who is employed, carries on an a vocation, or is a student at a public or private institution of higher education in this state shall report that fact to:
- The authority for campus security for that institution
- A person described by Subsection (a) shall provide the authority for campus security of the local law enforcement authority with all information the person is required to provide under Article 62.051(c)
- A person described by Subsection (a) shall notify the authority for campus security no later than the seventh day after the date of termination of the person's status as a worker or student at the institution.
- The authority for campus security shall promptly forward to the administrative office of the institution any information received from the person under this article and any information received from the department under Article 62.005.
The authority for campus security at Tarleton State University is
Chief Justin Williams
Tarleton State University Police Department
P.O. Box T-0560
Stephenville, TX 76402
To arrange for an appointment, Call 254-968-9002.