Return to Top
Service Learning Criteria
To qualify as an Applied Learning Experience in Service Learning:
- Projects may be sought independently or as part of a course.
- Service learning projects may be pursued individually or as part of a group.
- Reflection on personal reactions to the service and learning experiences.
- Students must participate in an orientation training prior to the service (i.e. orientation to project requirements e.g. risk management, assessment, project completion, etc).
- Minimum of 20 hours of service.
- Students cannot receive monetary or other compensation for the service, i.e., service must be a volunteer effort.