Filing an Appeal
Steps for filing an Appeal
All students who wish to file an appeal must fill out the Appeal Form and have a letter from their advisor. The letter from the advisor must state that the courses you are registered for are required for your degree. If this is your last semester the letter must also state that these are the only courses needed to complete your degree requirements. The Appeal Form is located at the bottom of this page or at the front counter of the Registrar's Office.
Students must fill out the entire Appeal Form and return the form to Diane Sudman in the Registrar's Office located in the Administration Building in Room 135 or fax to the Registrar's Office at 254-968-9389.
Students may attach as much supporting documentation as they feel would aid the Appeal Board in making an educated decision.
The Appeal Form and the advisor's letter must be returned to Dana Power no later than 5 business days prior to the next Appeal Board meeting in order to be heard at the next meeting. Failure to file an appeal at least 5 days prior to the last Appeal Board meeting will forfeit your opportunity to file an appeal for the current semester.
Students must submit all tuition payments on time including the additional fees, regardless of having an appointment with the committee, or they will be dropped for non-payment. If the Appeal Board waives the additional charges, this portion of your tuition would then be refunded to you. For any questions regarding how the additional charges affect your financial aid you must contact the Financial Aid Office at 254-968-9070.
For any questions regarding the Appeal Form or the Appeal process, please contact Sharon Johnson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 254-968-1830.
- Appeal Form
- Do not forget the letter from your advisor
Updated- Effective September 2011, it is mandatory that each student appear before the committee to present his/her case. This allows the committee the opportunity to pose any questions they may have or request additional information.
The Registrar's Office will contact you via the contact information provided by you on the Appeal Form to notify you of your appointment time.
- You will have approximately 5 minutes to state your case before the Appeal Board.
- The Appeal Board will then deliberate, vote and the Committee Chairperson will step outside the conference room to notify you of the Appeal Board's decision. You will also receive notification in writing of the Appeal Board's decision at the contact address provided on your Appeal Form.
- Failure to appear during your assigned appointment time will waive your right to an appeal
- The Appeal Board's decision is on a semester by semester basis. You must file an appeal for every semester you are affected by the Undergraduate Funding Limit Rule and/or 3-Peat Rule.
- The Appeal Board will meet in Davis Hall, Room 111.
The Appeal Board meetings for students affected by the additional tuition rates for violating the Undergraduate Funding Limit Rule and/or the 3-Peat rule for Spring 2013 are as follows:
|Appeal form deadline:
||Appeal Board Meeting Date:
Appeals must be submitted to the Registrar's Office. All meeting times are conducted at 2pm.