Return to Top
Campus Renovations and Construction
- 10/24/2016: St. Peter, Tarleton street intersection closing Monday for utility project
- 9/26/2016: TxDOT to activate new traffic signal at Washington, St. Felix intersection
- 6/6/2016: Tarleton Applied Sciences building wins legislative approval
- 4/28/2016: Regents approve $25.7 Million for Tarleton Utility, Infrastructure Project
- 2/18/2016: Major Project Estimated Construction Completion Dates
Campus Project Summary
Here’s a brief rundown on what’s happening as of November 2016:
- The Design Development drawings for the renovations to Memorial Stadium are nearly completed, and a review meeting has been scheduled for November 2016. The $24 million project will expand seating to 9,400 and convert the west-side stands for home seating. Anticipated completion for this project is July 2018. View more information about plans for the future stadium project.
- Construction to convert the former Fire Station to the new home of the University Police Department is underway. The facility at the northwest corner of campus is expected to be completely renovated by February, with the move of the University Police Department and Parking Services Office slated to follow. See more about the changes planned for these departments.
- Phase 2 of the Pedestrian Mall project to beautify and improve the central campus area around Alumni Island on the Campus Green is nearly complete. Trees will round out the project and are expected to be planted in December, over winter break. Work on Doc Blanchard infrastructure is in progress. Installation of electrical duct bank and concrete for the project has been slowed by weather, but is moving forward. Work for Phase 3 is tentatively planned for Spring 2017.
- Construction on a major infrastructure improvement at the center of campus has begun. The project will expand pedestrian walkways along several campus core streets. Utility improvements will also be made to eliminate flooding issues and enhance lighting. Scheduled for completion in December 2017.View information about this project.
- The Agricultural Machinery and Fabrication Center is nearing completion. Contractors are applying the finishing touches, and Dr. Ford is beginning to move equipment over to the new labs. Learn about the progress of the Agricultural Machinery & Fabrication Center.
- Renovations to the Intramural Field are substantially complete. Installation of synthetic turf on the lower recreation fields is complete. Irrigation and sod work will take place soon. Find out more about the exciting changes coming to the intramural fields.
- In a former parking area east of Memorial Stadium, two new residential living and learning centers are under construction – designated Traditions North and Traditions South. The two buildings will house more than 600 students, including the new Corps of Cadets and ROTC students. One also will have a new health and counseling center for students. The buildings are scheduled for completion during fall 2016. View time-lapse video of residence hall construction.
- Ongoing improvements are being made to the new Honors Hall off Lillian.
- Read about parking changes on campus!