Privacy and Security Policy
Thank you for visiting the Tarleton State University Web site.
State Law requires that users of this site be informed that this site collects the following information about users:
During your visit to our site, we will not collect personal information from you unless you provide it.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit for statistical purposes:
- Internet domain (for example aol.com or tarleton.edu) and IP address (the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web) from which you access our site.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit on tarleton.edu
- The address of the page you used to link to our site, if any.
- User/clienthostname - The hostname(or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access
- HTTPheader, "user agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on
- HTTPheader, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page
- Systemdate - The date and time of the user/client request
- Fullrequest - The exact request the user/client made
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client (i.e., OK, Bad Request, Service Unavailable, Not Found)
- Contentlength - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client
- Method - The request method used (i.e., post, get)
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server (commonly known as a URL)
- Querystring of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used (i.e., http, ftp)
We collect this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to make our site more useful to visitors.
Throughout our website, you may choose to submit personal information to our website either through email or forms. This information may be seen by various people and may be retained either in electronic or paper format. Also, email is not secure against interception. For your own protection, you may wish to contact Tarleton State University directly if your submission includes sensitive information such as your social security number or credit card number.
Personal information collected by Tarleton State University via email and forms will not be sold or transferred to third parties without your permission or as otherwise provided by law.
On forms where you submit personal information, state law requires that you be informed of the following:
- You are entitled to be informed (by request) of your personal information that is collected through a form (with a few exceptions as provided by law);
- you are entitled to receive and review that information; and
- you are entitled to have the information corrected at no charge to you.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unauthorized use of this Web site is an offense under the Texas Penal Code.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact University Web Services at 254-968-1819 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org