Student Success and Multicultural Initiatives
Visit the Tarleton SSMI Blog - http://tarletonssmi.blogspot.com/
The mission of Student Success and Multicultural Initiatives is to provide academically-based services and intellectual opportunities for/to students, faculty, staff, and the global community by facilitating collaboration through school, services, and research.
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiPPZD57P6vfY_khc1ZfCpg
The vision of Student Success and Multicultural Initiatives is to encourage students to realize their potential, achieve their goals, graduate in a timely manner, and become leaders in a global society.
New Programs and Services
- The Tarleton Food Pantry (an Academic Affairs partnership with Student Life)
- The Student Success Blog - College Success Tips and Survival Guide
- The Tarleton Students as Parents Support Group (a partnership with the Tarleton Child Development Center) - Join our Facebook Group
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion - Texas Pioneer Foundation Awards $20K Grant to Tarleton's MENtal Freedom Program
- International Programs 3rd Annual Holi Festival - "Tarleton Gears Up for Holi Fest"
- SSMI School Supply Service Initiative - In the spirit of Tarleton’s Core Values, the division of Student Success and Multicultural Initiatives coordinated a school supply donation campaign for one of the Upward Bound target schools. The idea for the school supply project originated in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion as a part of Hunger Awareness month with the idea to collect much needed school supplies for local schools who were Hungry for Education. SSMI provided school supply drop boxes in various campus locations where dozens of generous Tarleton students and staff donated everything from pens and pencils to notebooks. Several boxes full of school supplies were delivered to Lingleville ISD students on April 2nd. Students and staff at the school were excited to have some new school supplies to get them through the rest of the school year. SSMI would like to thank all of the students and staff who donated to this educational community service project.
- Upward Bound - Spring 2015 Newsletter
- Upward Bound Commemorates 50 Years of Student Success
- The Academically High Achievers Mentoring Program (Reaching 550 First Time in College Freshmen)
- SSMI Mentor Program (Peer Mentor Program)
- Allies Program Expansion
- TSU Diverse Faculty Organization - Join the Facebook Group Page
- TSU Working Mothers Organization Facebook Page (for faculty, staff, and students) - Join the Working Mother's Support Group
- Midterm Mania and Finals Frenzy Initiative - Follow the Twitter Account for Updates - @TarletonExams
- #TarletonSuccess Twitter Chats (with prizes) and Daily Conversations Twitter Feed