Fire and Life Safety
Tarleton's Fire Safety Program is directed at life safety and property conservation. The program includes a schedule of specific activities determined by national and state recognized fire codes and standards. The program also includes activities that involve students, staff and faculty in training and fire prevention education. Additionally, the program includes the frequent testing and inspecting of fire alarm and fire suppression systems. Tarleton’s Office of Risk Management and Compliance works very closely with the Stephenville Fire Department in maintaining a proactive, aggressive approach to fire safety throughout the campus community.
- Campus Fire Safety Outreach Materials
- Fire Safety & Education for College Students
- Alcohol and Fire; A Deadly Mix from USA Today
- Inclement Weather
- Know the “Areas of Refuge” in each building on-campus.
- Review Tarleton Inclement Weather Policy
- Know about Tarleton’s Lightning Detection System
- Code Purple
- Bomb Threat
- Injury Accident – Know Basic First Aid Protocol
- Other Resources