Return to Top
Funded Projects Fall 2012
- Student Research Grants
- Sarah Mays and Dr. David Kattes (faculty mentor), Department of Environmental and Agricultural Management: Assessment of bacterial microbiota in the spinose ear tick (Otobius megnini) through pyrosequencing.
- Donald Sadoski and Dr. Janice Speshock (faculty mentor), Department of Biological Sciences: Real time PCR analysis to determine inflammatory effects of silver nanomaterials in zebrafish.
- Student Travel Grants
- Thomas Frazier, Department of Mathematics: Educating science teachers for ELL classrooms: stories from the field. To be presented at the Association of Science Teacher Education in Charleston, SC (faculty mentor: Dr. Katherine Smith).
- Monica Pierce, Department of Communication Studies: Contributing to Student Success through Social Media. To be presented at the NASPAtech: Student Affairs Technology Conference in Indianapolis, IN (faculty mentor: Dr. Jennifer Edwards).
- Travis Salzillo, Department of Engineering and Physics: Monte Carlo Simulation of Partons and Gluon Fields in Ultra-Relativistic Heavy Ion Collisions. To be presented at the 2012 Conference Experience for Undergraduates, fall meeting of the Division of Nuclear Physics of the American Physical Society in Newport Beach, CA (faculty mentor: Dr. Bryant Wyatt).
- Katheryn Thomas, Department of Communication: Contributing to Student Success through Social Media. To be presented at the NASPAtech: Student Affairs Technology Conference in Indianapolis, IN (faculty mentor: Dr. Jennifer Edwards).
- Brooke Wilson, Department of Management, Marketing, and Administrative Systems: Academic Performance vs. Internet Dependence. To be presented at the Federation of Business Disciplines Conference in Albuquerque, NM (faculty mentor: Dr. Randy McCamey).