Posters can be printed at no cost by the Office of Student Research & Creative Activities. Poster print requests submitted more than once will be charged an additional $20 for each additional poster print (this will be enforced). Email your poster to email@example.com. Attach your poster to the email and include the following information:
- Faculty Mentor(s),
- Names of student(s) that will be presenting, and
- Name and date of conference.
Posters should be submitted for printing at least 3 working days before you need it. See the poster preparation and printing guidelines for detailed information prior to preparing your poster.
When the poster is ready to pick up, you'll be notified by email. If the poster needs to go to another campus (i.e. Fort Worth or Waco), we can send it via courier (please specify the campus and a specific office at that campus).
It is very important that you follow the guidelines below for printing posters. Knowing what software can be used and the lead time necessary for printing posters on campus is critical.
POSTER PRINTING GUIDELINES
- Posters should be submitted for printing at least 3 working days before you need it. All posters will be printed in the order they are received. During times of heavy demand (i.e. the Tarleton and TAMUS Pathways research symposia), it may take several days before your poster can be printed because it takes time for a single poster to print. There is no guarantee that a poster submitted one or two days before you need it will be printed in time.
- Posters need to be formatted for a maximum of 36 X 44 inches (Landscape is required for the Tarleton Student Research and Creative Activity Symposium).
- Posters can be submitted in the following three formats: PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, or PDF. To prevent having to trim off a white border by hand, be sure to set the page size to 36 x 44 inches before you start creating your poster. For PowerPoint, go to 'Page Setup', choose 'Custom', and enter 36 x 44 inches.
- Images must be high resolution, otherwise they will appear pixilated.
- Be sure to double check all spelling, grammar, contents, margins, alignment, and dimensions of the poster before submission. Printing posters is costly, so only one poster will be printed (reprints will cost $10). Be sure that both you and your faculty mentor are 100% satisfied with your poster before you submit it for printing. If you have questions or need advice, please ask before you are ready to submit for printing.
- Posters are printed on heavy, glossy photo paper.
For further information or questions, contact Linda Sanders at (254) 968-0526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.