Skip to page content
Return to Top

State Aid

This aid can be need-based or it can be merit based. These include grants or loans but may include tuition waivers or other types of aid. The HEA of 1998 stated in the Special Leverage Educational Assistance Partnership Program that "incentive grants are available to States from the Federal government to assist eligible students enrolled in study abroad programs that were approved for credit by the home institution."