Skip to page content
Return to Top

Power of Attorney is useful while you are overseas

If you are overseas, power of attorney gives the designated person  (family member or trusted friend); the power to act in your behalf if a  legal document requires a signature. If you are receiving federal  financial aid, you must endorse the check before it can be deposited. A power of attorney can facilitate the process of receiving funds.