Czech Republic and Poland
Study Abroad in the Czech Republic and Poland
3 hour credit
- AGSD 4390 - Prague Travel (Undergraduate)
- ACR 5385 - Travel Seminar (Graduate)
The study tour will provide an integrated view of the rich cultural, agricultural, historical, technological, economic, communications and religious nuances of Central Europe. The program includes a weekend trip to Krakow, Poland and an additional weekend for individual/small group excursions.
This course will provide students with a unique international experience emphasizing agricultural and societal issues in post-communist central Europe. Students will be exposed to the history, culture, economy and current issues of the Czech Republic and neighboring countries. The program leaders will use a combination of experience, lectures, discussions, readings, and research to convey the course materials. Students completing the course will:
- Broaden their understanding of agricultural policy
- Discover how international companies operate in different environments
- Learn about the impact of cultural differences on the structure of agriculture and compare central Europe with the U.S.
- Deepen their understanding of the development of civilization and culture and the importance of agriculture development
- Recognize the elements of U.S. culture that have roots in Central Europe, and particularly the Czech Republic
Finally, experiencing a blend of language, history, art, culture and government will internationally and culturally enrich each student.