Skip to page content
Return to Top

Barry B. Thompson Student Center

Quick Facts
Location Stephenville, TX
76402
Built 1994
WiFi Yes
Purple Pigs Given to President by Purple PooTexan Star Food CourtTexan Star Food CourtTexan Star Food CourtBookstoreBookstoreInformation DeskSeating by the Piano and Donor Wall of RecognitionDisplay Area Outside BallroomsSmallest panel depicts the Airplane antic of 1939Health Center and Counseling CenterSeating near Transition and Family Relations OfficesSeating near Center for Global and Multicultural InitiativesSeating by the Stairs to the BasementO-Zone ComputersO-Zone Work AreaO-Zone Work AreaO-Zone BoardsO-Zone Work Area

Expand AllContract All

Overview / Features

Historical Overview

Located at the heart of the Tarleton Campus, the Barry B. Thompson Student Center was opened to students, faculty, staff, guests, and alumni in September 1994. It was built to better serve students and consolidate people on campus. The building is filled with many special features such as balconies, wonderful artifacts, and a sculptured brick mural. The mural was designed by Mara Smith to depict significant events, personalities, and objects in the history of Tarleton. There are close to 1000 artifacts donated by a variety of people. The Thompson Student Center is divided into three levels: lower level, first level, and second level. This building is full of activities and information that are useful to the students. The Thompson Student Center is equipped with a game room, study areas, and lounge areas for the students and faculty to go and unwind. In fall 2002 the Student Center was renamed to honor former Tarleton president and Texas A&M System chancellor Barry B. Thompson.

Offices

Facilities

  • Conference Room
  • Ballroom
  • Campus Bookstore
  • Lounge Area
  • Operations and Reservation

Services