Skip to page content
Return to Top

Board of Regents Meeting Update

08-23-2017

Dear Colleagues,

I want to share with you a number of measures affecting Tarleton that were approved at today’s meeting of the Board of Regents for The Texas A&M University System. The board approved the Memorial Football Stadium Renovation and Expansion Project. Groundbreaking is scheduled for September 23rd, and the renovation and expansion project is scheduled for completion in September 2018.

In other action, the Board of Regents authorized the sale of 143 acres of Land that was generously gifted to Tarleton State University in November 2016 by Colonel Charles W. Leigon. Proceeds from the land sale will fund student scholarships, with 90% of the proceeds funding scholarships for nursing students, and the remaining 10% of the proceeds funding scholarships for students in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts.

Additionally, a new Bachelor of Science in Child and Family Studies degree, and a new Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree in Child and Family Studies was approved by the Board of Regents. These degree programs will now be submitted to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for final approval.

Finally, the board approved the adoption of a resolution honoring members of the Tarleton Rodeo Teams, and authorized faculty development leave in the Spring 2018 semester for Dr. Leslie Spotz.

As I return from the Board meeting, I want to express my appreciation for your continuing efforts to make Tarleton the exceptional university that it has become. Tarleton is not only the Founding Member of the A&M University System – it is also a stellar performer within that circle.

F. Dominic Dottavio, Ph.D.
President