Skip to page content
Return to Top

Degree Plans

Recently, *House Bill 3025 was passed which requires submission of a degree plan upon completion of 45 semester credit hours.  Students may file a Degree Plan Acknowledgment Form by using one of the following processes:

  • See the academic advisor in the department of the major. The department advisor will have access to the degree plan form and they will assist in completing it, plus help in acquiring all the necessary signatures.  After all signatures have been obtained, the form will be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office.  Use the online directory to look up academic department contact information.
  • Seek assistance from Academic Advising Services in the Thompson Student Center. For more information on their services, please go to      
  • Students located at one of our off-campus locations need to visit with an academic advisor at the respective location

It is important to file a degree plan as soon as possible to ensure you are registering for the correct courses for your degree, as well as to stay on track for graduation.

All signatures are required before the form will be processed.  It will take a minimum of one week for the form to reach the Registrar’s Office.


HB 3025 seeks to improve student’s timely completion of a degree by requiring students enrolled in an associate or bachelor’s degree program at a public institution of higher education to file a degree plan no later than the end of the second regular semester or term immediately following the semester or term in which the student earned a cumulative total of 45 or more semester credit hours. The credit hours earned for the purpose of filing a degree plan include transfer courses, international baccalaureate courses, dual credit courses, and any other course for which the institution has awarded the student college course credit, including course credit awarded by examination. Students who enter higher education with 45 or more semester credit hours in their first semester must file a degree plan no later than the student’s second regular semester or term at the institution. Institutions must inform students who have not filed a degree plan that one is required by law and students who have not filed degree plans may not receive a transcript.

Questions: For questions regarding degree plans please contact the Registrar's Office at 254-968-1830, or by email at, or in person at Texan Services in the Tarleton Center.